Revenge of Snacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Revenge of Snacks

Welcome to Revenge of Snacks Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rogue Q/A Everything you need to know about a raiding rogue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Labron

Rogue Q/A  Everything you need to know about a raiding rogue Empty
PostSubject: Rogue Q/A Everything you need to know about a raiding rogue   Rogue Q/A  Everything you need to know about a raiding rogue Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:32 am

Introduction: This Q/A is to help all of the ROS rogues with any questions they might have on – Hit/expertise caps, dps rotations, gemming, itemization, buffs/enchants, and the general mechanics of being a rogue. Enjoy!

Abbreviations key:
CP: Combo point
AR: Adrenaline rush
SnD: Slice and Dice
Rup: Rupture
BF: Blade flurry
Pnt: point
evic: Eviscerate

Tip: Keeping SnD 100% of time is crucial then comes RUpture up as much as possible.

Dps cycles/rotations:

Q: What dps cycle should I use for combat sword or fist while not using t4 2 piece?
A: Combat sword/fist/ spec: 20/41/0 (Dps rotation for a rogue without! T4 piece)

Garrote – 1x SnD - 4SnD – 5 rupture (Rinse and repeat with just keeping 4 SnD 5 Rup up). Note that NO rotation is set in stone and No rotation will stay the same throughout a fight because of combat potency returning energy randomly. A tip for this spec would to use blade flurry and haste pot immediately after the 4 point SnD is up, this will help the 5 point rup get up and boost your dps. In my own experience I’ve found using AR after SnD has just been renewed then pop AR gets the 5 rup quickly then you can get a 5 pnt evic and renew 5 pnt rupture in time. Popping AR when heroism is dropped also helps dps for obvious reasons. Note (if agro is tight one can vanish garrote then follow what I just said.( If the target is immune to bleed effects, use 5s/5e)

Q: What dps cycle should I be using for t4 2 piece equip?
A: Combat sword/fist with T4 2 piece set bonus: 1 SnD/5 Rup

Garrote 1 SnD 5 rupture – This is a rinse and repeat cycle like all the others. From using this rotation my dps has definitely increased and I have found that this rotation works well.

Garrote – 1 SnD – 5 Rup - 1 SnD haste pot/BF SSx5 – 5 pnt Rup and so on.
Using thistle tea to get the one point SnD up is very important always watch for RUTHLESSNESS proc which is 60% to award 1 CP after a finisher i.e. (SnD, Rup, Evic, Envenom). Once you get used to watching for that ruthless ness proc cycles for this build get very effective. (2 SnD 5 evic is the rotation used if the target is immune to rupture).

Q: what build/ rotation is necessary for mutilate pve?
A: Mutilate pve raiding 41/20/0

In this spec rogues go for 2 slow daggers for the highest dps off there mutilates. Also having deadly poisonsx2 is advised unless a shaman is in the group with windfury. There is no set rotation for mutilate because the combo point generation varies too much on crits because of seal fate, but it is important to stick by 3-4 point finishers. An example would be Garrote – mutilate – ¾ SnD – ¾ pnt rup then ¾ evic/envenom. The key is to weave through ¾ pnt finishers because 5 are just too much for dagger builds.

Itemizing Mutilate: Stacking Agility is actually very important with a mutilate build because getting crits will increase the amount of energy one gets back from relentless strikes. The more energy returned the more damage output. This doesn’t mean + hit is useless all it means is that when gemming use + 8 agility’s more than normally. What I’m trying to say is that if you had to choose between a flask of relentless assault or major agility the major agility would be wiser because of + crit.

Q: What dps cycle is needed for combat dagger dps?
A: Combat daggers: 15/41/5

Garrote – 3 pnt SnD - 5 Pnt SnD - 5 pnt Rup. Rotate this and dps should be viable in raids. (switch rup with evic for immune to bleed mobs).

Q: What dps cycle is needed for combat dagger dps with t4 2 piece?
A: The rotation needed for combat dagger with t4 2 piece would be Garrote – 1 SnD 3 rup.(switch rup for evic for immune to bleed mobs).

Gemming:

Q: What gems should I use to socket my gear?
A: If the socket is red use orange glinting Noble Topaz 4 agy 4 hit rating (if you aren’t hit capped). If you are hit capped grab some delicate living ruby’s +8 agility.

A: If the socket is blue use the shifting nights eye gems 4 agy 6 stam (only need 2 for the Meta gem to count).

A: If the socket is yellow use great dawnstones + 8 hit

Q: What Meta should I be using on my helm?
A: The 12 agy increased crit Meta is a must for pve (Relentless earthstorm diamond).

Q: What types of pots/food are a must in raids?
A: The most important food for most rogues is Spicy hot talbuk because most rogues aren’t near the + hit cap. If you do have enough hit Warp burgers are great.

A: The flasks and elixirs rogues should bring for raids are Flask of relentless assault and Elixir of major agility. Flask of relentless assault is better for combat players and elixirs of major agility are better for Mutilate rogues.

A: haste pots and thistle are a must for any spec rogue to bring to all raids.

Q: What are the + hit and expertise caps?
A: In the context of stats, the term "cap" refers to the point at which equipping more of a particular stat will have no additional value. For hit rating and expertise rating in particular, the cap usually discussed is for the effect of these stats on raid bosses. For example, once you reach or surpass the hit cap, you will never miss an attack against a raid boss unless you are under the effect of some debuff that reduces your hit chance (for example, Attumen the Huntsman's curse). There is no "minimum" chance to miss melee attacks, nor to be dodged or parried.

Your base chance to miss a raid boss while dual wielding is 28% with auto-attack on both hands. Your base chance to miss a special attack is 9%. For each 15.77 hit rating you equip, you reduce your chance to miss by 1%. Thus we can calculate hit caps for auto-attack and special attacks:

Auto-attack, 0/5 Precision: 442
Auto-attack, 5/5 Precision: 363
Special, 0/5 Precision: 142
Special, 5/5 Precision: 64

A: Your base chance to be dodged by a raid boss with any attack is thought to be 6.5%. For each 3.94 expertise rating you equip, you gain 1 expertise, reducing your chance to be dodged by 0.25% (thus it takes exactly 15.77 expertise rating to reduce your chance to be dodged by 1%). Thus, we can calculate expertise caps for various combinations of talents and racial abilities:

0/2 Weapon Expertise, non-Human: 103
1/2 Weapon Expertise, non-Human: 83
2/2 Weapon Expertise, non-Human: 64
0/2 Weapon Expertise, Human (wielding swords or maces): 83
1/2 Weapon Expertise, Human: 64
2/2 Weapon Expertise, Human: 44

I hope everything explained has helped you (The reader) in some way. If questions arise from this post, either psst Labron in game or reply to the post. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MikeyD

PostSubject: finally   Rogue Q/A  Everything you need to know about a raiding rogue Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:43 pm

yay for you finally getting this reposted! sorry it didnt work out the first time haha
Back to top Go down
Vexationz

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Q/A Everything you need to know about a raiding rogue   Rogue Q/A  Everything you need to know about a raiding rogue Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 6:12 am

Looks good man. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/betenoireinc
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Q/A Everything you need to know about a raiding rogue   Rogue Q/A  Everything you need to know about a raiding rogue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rogue Q/A Everything you need to know about a raiding rogue
Page 1 of 1